This stylish new, compact, indoor Composter will transform ALL food waste (including cooked food, meat, fish and cheese) into a super healthy, nutrient rich compost.
The preliminary fermentation process utilizes an air tight container and Bokashi bacteria as a compost activator and has been specifically designed to initiate the breakdown of organic waste in the home environment.
Bokashi is a Japanese term meaning “Fermented Organic Matter”. It can refer to either a liquid or bran based material that has been fermented with EM (friendly bacteria). Bokashi products are generally pleasant smelling and, when added to your bucket, are designed to accelerate the fermentation of organic matter.
The fermentation process does not produce adverse smells so you can keep the bucket under the sink or anywhere in the home. Once treated in the Kitchen Composter, the material can then be safely dug into your garden or placed in your compost bin.
Features of New Model
- Newer and stronger compactor which can hang handily on the back of the main unit
- Location at back of main unit to mark the date of filling (to keep track of how long contents have been inside)
- One handed opening and closing
- Lid with rubber seal
- Carry handle
- Starts the breakdown process with fermentation using micro organisms
- For cooked and uncooked food (including meat, fish, fruit and vegetables)
- Conveniently collected in your kitchen instead of constant trips outside
- Produces nutrient rich liquid that can be used as fertilizer
- No adverse smells or fruit flies
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Rebuilds the soil in your garden
- Decontaminates soil from harmful pathogens/pollutants
- Package includes: 2 x 12lt Indoor Composter, 1 x compactor and 1 x 250ml bottle of liquid Bokashi
- Dimensions: 28cm x 27cm x 28.7cm
- Construction: Recycled material
- Maze Part Number: MCI-12Lx2KIT
"" was added to wishlist